We study the physical underpinnings that make soils habitable enviornments for life. Our research is motivated by the demand to sustainably provide for a growing world population. The main research areas that we are engaged on are described below.
We are investigating a novel approach of managing nutrients that capitalizes on natural adaptation of roots to scavange resources from soil.
Low-severity Fire and Soil Processes
What is the impact of low-severity fires, which account for >50% of the burned area in the US Southwest, on soil structure and associated physical and biogeochemical processes?
Resources and Guides
- The Seven Secrets of Highly Successful Research Students
- On Being a Scientist: Responsible conduct in research
- Enhancing Postdoctoral Experience
- Nature’s Guide for Mentors
- Scrutiny of the Abstract
- Scrutiny of the Introduction
- Maintaining Laboratory Notebook
- How to write useful peer-review